If you are considering beginning a fulfilling and enriching career in the trucking industry, you may have questions. Well, we have answers! Witte Bros. Exchange, Inc. is the leader in frozen product distribution throughout the United States and our goal is to put the safest drivers on the road through our Truck Driving School Program. Here’s what you need to know about our training program.
To qualify for our Missouri CDL Truck Driving School, you must meet the following requirements:
- At least 21 years old
- No DWI or DUI in the last 3 years
- No more than 3 moving violations within the previous 3 years and no more than 2 in the last 12 months
- No more than 1 serious violation in the previous 3 years
- No license suspension in the last 3 years
- Stable work history and good references from former employers
- Must be able to read and write in English
- Must have CDL permit
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Pass a pre-employment for DOT physical, DOT drug screening, and job functioning evaluation
Our school is located at our headquarters at 575 Witte Industrial Court, Troy, Missouri 63379.
Sessions run Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. To view upcoming driving school dates, click here.
A fee of $225 covers your Entry Level Driver Training (ELDT) learning portal fee, reference materials, and Federal drug tests.
Some of the advantages of our Truck Driving School that sets us apart from others include:
- A modest fee – Our Truck Driving School Program was created to provide a low-cost opportunity for individuals to begin a career in the trucking industry.
- Comprehensive curriculum – You will learn topics that will prepare you for an entry-level position as a professional driver.
- One-on-one training – Our courses include guidance from some of the industry’s best instructors and trainers. You will participate in real-life truck driving scenarios so you can confidently enter your new and exciting career.
- Guaranteed employment – Once you gain your Class A CDL and complete our hands-on training program, you won’t have to endure the stress associated with the job hunt. Our program graduates are guaranteed employment at Witte as solo drivers!
We have three highly accomplished instructors who have over 40 years of combined driving experience.
You will learn the following in our truck driving training program:
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Air Brakes
- Complex Backing
- Basic Handling Characteristics
- Defensive Driving Techniques
- Map Reading
- Trip Planning
- Speed Management
- Visual Search
- Night Operations
- Extreme Driving Conditions
- Coupling & Uncoupling
- Customer Relations
- Expense Management
- Family Relations
- Accident Procedures
- Emergency Repairs
- Satellite Technology
- Public Relations
- And more
No, not while in Phase One. However, you will receive weekly pay while driving during Phase Two of the program.
Yes, we have onsite lodging for students who live more than 50 miles away. We have six dorm rooms with beds (you will need to bring your own bedding).
Plan on bringing bedding, food, toiletries, and clothing that is weather appropriate.
Nearby are Aldi, Kroger, Walmart, Walgreens, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, Arby’s, Hardee’s, Lion’s Choice, Sonic, Jack in the Box, Denny’s, Dairy Queen, Subway, McDonald’s, etc.
Our first-year drivers make an average of $65,000 a year.
Witte Bros. delivers quality service nationwide.
Begin Your Truck Driving Career with Witte!
At Witte, we are with you every mile and we look forward to you joining our team after you complete our Truck Driving School Program!
Amazing People Every Day
We Do the Right Thing. We Drive Improvement. We Own It. We Win Together.